Friday 9 August 2013

Getting into the swing of it


Having finally got back into the studio on Tuesday. I was really keen to get going again on Wednesday morning. I wanted to get cracking on paintings that I'd been thinking of doing for a while.
So, after messing around in the kitchen, making numerous cups of coffee, I couldn't delay the move through to the studio any more. I'm sure all the artists reading this will know what I mean. Once in there 'wild horses.....'  and all that.


This is the first picture of the day

On the Beach, Cromer

Second picture of the day

Boats at Blakeney

Thursday, and today I have been going through all my old frames.
 I have, over the years played around with different colours and mouldings. Finally, I found what I was looking for. The idea being that it would be my signature frame. Unfortunately a lot of artists seem to be using the same now so, time for a change. 
I'm trying a dark grey and a black frame and I'm amazed at the difference it can make to a painting. I shall be taking some into one of my galleries at the weekend so, it will be interesting to see the reaction.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.