Friday 20 September 2013

Day 20 of 30

Phew, up with the sparrows and into the studio this morning as have a busy day. (note to self - see, it can be done!)
I worked on a painting that I started last week. it's another from my sketch book, a tonal sketch with colour notes. Because of what I have learned since I started it, I was sorely tempted to repaint the whole thing but decided that I'd leave it as the next one would be better. (aren't they all going to be? It's what keeps us artists painting)

Family Stroll, Comer 16" x 20" oil

Back to the studio now to tidy up, maybe start another before I go and collect new car, go shopping, take my lovely Dad out for a birthday lunch (he's 89!) then back to paint frames and frame up for submission tomorrow to exhibition. At least I don't have to cook, we are off to a dear friend's house for dinner. I suppose I ought to get some housework done at some point but this is way too much fun.
Thank you Leslie Saeta   http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.co.uk/ you can go to this link to see all the other paintings that are being done.

3 comments:

  1. I love this painting, Beach scenes are my favorite. I am leaving the Pacific Coast today, to head back home.. this looks so much like where we were staying :) have a fun day... and Happy Birthday to your father ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mood and design.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a fan of yours, this one is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.