Friday 4 October 2013

Busy week

I'm pleased  to say that even though the challenge is over I haven't been resting on my laurels.
The pressure is off but I have still painted every day.
This week I've had workshops and demonstrations at Market Deeping and King's Lynn.

Market Deeping

 Demo 14" x 18"

For the Market Deeping group I did this painting very quickly in Acrylics as the group were going to paint afterwards and didn't want to take up their valuable painting time. When I got home I spent another 1/2 hour on the painting but this time went over it in Oil paint. Acrylics are brilliant for under-painting if you are in a hurry for it to dry.
The group used the same three colours as i did and I was amazed that the variety in the end results. I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo as there were some excellent results.
The three colours were  -French Ultra, Magenta, Cadmium Yellow Pale + White

King's Lynn


Acrylic Demo 14" x 18"

The first painting I did I struggled with. I was still using my three colours but had some kind of mental block. Maybe it was the lighting but every time I thought I'd mixed the right colour and put it on the canvas - I was way out. So after the coffee break I did a little quickie of Hunstanton. This one I felt much happier with.

Acrylic demo 12" x 10"



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.