Saturday 12 October 2013

Workshop at Rushden, Northants

Set off at 8am with car packed up with paintings, paints and easel.
Stupid sat nav didn't recognise postcode so had to 'wing it'. I thought Rushden was a small village so, finding the school couldn't be too difficult. Got there, not a village, it's a town. By luck I ended up in almost the right place and got directions for the last bit.
A small turn out of 9 but enthusiastic painters turned up.. Some had never used acrylics before.
I started by giving a demo using a photo reference from the competition running on the FB page, SAA group set by John Currie.
Here's my effort

Acrylic demo

Must say, I look a bit dopey. Anyway, the group then chose wether to work from my painting or from a photo reference. Two chose the Bridge option and did a good job too. Using the same colours as I did the results were entirely different.
The workshop was to last for 6 hours but after 5, most people had finished their painting and had put so much into it that they hadn't really the energy or enthusiasm to start another so we lined all the paintings up for our own little show. One gentleman had to leave early so there are only 8 pictures to view but I think you'll all agree that it was a great success all round.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.