Thursday 23 January 2014

Day 23. Big Tree

There are lots of narrow lanes around us and very few trees. I rather liked the look of this ivy clad one so set up my easel. all was going well but after 3/4 hour looking at brilliant sunshine, I felt a drop of rain. I looked behind me and I don't think I've ever seen such a black sky ! Within minutes I was soaked, the easel had blown over and I lost half my brushes in a dyke - oh the joys of plein air.

Ivy Clad Tree  oil on board 10" x 12"

Would you believe it, by the time I got home the sun was shining and there was an amazing complete rainbow

Rainbow

This view is only1/2 a mile from my village. And you think Holland is flat!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful painting as usual, Mo, and lovely photograph.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.