Friday 14 February 2014

East Runton

It was an early start as I had to be in Norfolk for an Open Studio group meeting at 10.30.
 Got to our cottage at 10am so there was just enough time to light the wood burner.
The meeting took place at Beeston Regis cafe. Artist Rainie Kay has organised an art trail for my area in Norfolk open studio. 24th May - 4th June 2014.
Eight of us got together to discuss leaflets, cards advertising etc.  It is a lovely group with a wide variety of of styles and skills.
After the meeting I headed just down the road to East Runton. For a change it was warmer on the beach than on the cliffs because the wind was coming off the land. It was a joy to see so many people walking their dogs and enjoying the sun.
This painting only took an hour and I could quite happily painted a second but didn't have another board with me, so it was back to the cottage to check on the fire and a hot bowl of home made soup.

East Runton 10" x 12" oil on board

Available framed £390

After lunch I went in search of potential inland subjects and found a delightful scene on my way to Thornage. I painted til the light went and I got too cold. That painting?? Well let's just say it needs a bit of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.