Tuesday 18 February 2014

Morston

Had a great morning painting at Morston on the Norfolk coast. The tide was nearly out for the first picture. These are the boats that take you out to see the seals. All the years I've been coming to this part of Norfolk, I've never been. Must go as it could make an interesting subject.

Waiting for the Tide 6" x 6" oil on linen board



I so enjoyed painting this that I decided on another painting. The tide was now well out so i was able to get right down in the channel. These two boats gave lovely reflections in the wet mud. They are surrounded by mussel shells. The cage on the left had bags of mussels in.

Mussel Boats oil on canvas board 10" x 12"

 The main advantage of standing in thick mud is that you don't get bothered by interested by passers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.