Monday 27 October 2014

A Reunion

Blakeney


13th October18 artists checked in to the Blakeney Manor Hotel to paint the North Norfolk coast and surroundings.
Why you may ask- well, for many years I organised a life painting week up at Holt Hall. We had so much fun and intensive painting and the odd glass of wine but, like all good things, it had to come to an end, prices were going up and it could be rather stressful at times sorting out menus, models, poses, bedrooms, monies etc.
I did miss the group though so hence the get together in Blakeney.
This was organised way back before I had any thoughts of breaking my ankle. How was I going to manage. Frank did even question whether or not I should even go. Wild horses wouldn't have kept me away and I had plenty of offers of help.

I managed to pare the oil kit down to a minimum so that if fitted on the back of the wheelchair

Sun at Blakeney


High Tide Blakeney

It was a bit colder the next day at Cromer. There was no way I was going down the steep ramp to paint on the front so chose a vantage point from the top.



Frozen at Cromer

View from Wiveton Hall

 A good spot to go have lunch and paint was Wiveton Hall Farm. Quite a group of us decided to paint there as it was sheltered from the wind a bit. The painting below was a quickie as I was waiting for everyone to pack up. I enjoyed this one

Salthouse is a favorite spot and these two were painted on two consecutive days. There were some amazing skies but you had to be so quick to capture them, either that or have a photographic memory

Salthouse


Dun Cow, Salthouse


It really was a fantastic week and I am indebted to Ted, Corry Kooy's husband, for taking my wheelchair to all the locations in his car and for pushing me around. I will definitely be organising another reunion of the Holt Hall gang.
This was all very good preparation for the following week when I am taking part in Paint out Norwich. A two day painting competition with 27 other selected artists in the city of Norwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.