Sunday 23 August 2015

Stamford Brush Off

Today I took part in the first of what I think will the first of many "Stamford Brush Off"s
Only 15 artists, members of the Welland Valley Art Soc, partook. We arrived in Stamford to our chosen location from 9am and handed in our offerings to the Art  Centre at 3pm.
 Needless to say I was late because of the railway crossing at Tallington and only started painting at 10am. I had intended painting on the water meadows but as I'd procured a parking space right outside the art centre, decided to stay in Stamford town. Hmmm? parking space, two hour limit? Its Sunday all parking is free - wrong!! £50 fine!!
Managed to paint two 8"x 8" little oils by 1.30 intending to go down to the meadows but having had no lunch or water, spent entire time standing (broken ankle still giving a bit of bother) and discovering the parking fine, I kind of lost heart so framed up and dropped them off at the Art Centre.

Towards High St, Stamford, 8" x 8" oil £75


High St Stamford 8" x 8" oil £75


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.