Saturday 21 January 2017

30 in 30 Day 21

Sun Setting on Moulton Mill 12" x 10" oil on cotton covered board

Yes, it really was that dramatic!!
We have the tallest windmill in the UK by our house. The chestnut to the left is in our garden. From my kitchen window I can see the mill which acts as my own personal weather vein. At the moment the top of the mill doesn't turn as the tail fin has had to be removed for repairs. We had just had a terrific storm and the sun came out illuminating the mill and emphasising the dark of the passing clouds. I liked the reflection of the mill in the wet ground.

1 comment:

  1. Good heaven that windmill owner should de terified to see this, ... it's like it's on fire!!

    Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and am open to positive criticism.